Last Updated: June 4, 2018
This policy describes the types of information the Company may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at (the “Website”) and the Company’s practices for collecting, using, keeping, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information the Company collects:
- On the Website (including desktop and mobile versions).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
- When you interact with the Company’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you interact with the Website through third-party social media platforms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand the Company’s policies and practices regarding your information and how the Company will treat it. If you do not agree with the Company’s policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this policy and consent to the Company’s collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this policy. The Company may change this policy on one or more occasions. The Company will consider your continued use of the Website after the Company makes changes as your acceptance of the changes, so please check this policy frequently for updates.
1. Are minors welcome?
The Website is not intended for anyone under 18-years old. You will only access the Website or register for an account if (1) you are at least 18-years old and (2) have reached the age of majority where you live. The Company prohibits all persons who do not meet the age requirements from accessing the Website. Minors must not access the Website or use its services.
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit any information or data from minors or allow minors to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at minors. If the Company learns that it has collected personal information from a minor, the Company will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Company might have any information from or about a minor, please contact the Company at [email protected].
2. What types of information does the Company collect about you and how is it collected?
The Company may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your username, password, email address, date of birth, IP address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, or any other information that the Company collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your age, gender, location, or any other optional information you provide about yourself; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
The Company collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the Company’s business partners.
Information You Provide to the Company
The information the Company collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, posting material, or requesting further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that the Company might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your requests.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “user contributions”). Your user contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may be able to set certain privacy settings for this information by logging into your account (if you have one), please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, the Company cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Thus, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that your user contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information the Company Collects through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
The Company also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information the Company collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but the Company may keep it or associate it with personal information the Company collects in other ways or receives from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing the Company to:
- Estimate the Website’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, thus allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies the Company uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website (and the Company’s emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/beacons.html.
The Company does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that the Company collects from other sources or you provide to the Company.
The Company does not control third-party tracking technologies or how third parties’ use them. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plugins
3. How does the Company use your information?
The Company uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to the Company, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from the Company.
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out the Company’s obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services the Company offers or provides through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- To send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website for marketing or advertising purposes.
- To personalize the Website content, features, or advertisements.
- In any other way the Company may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Company may also use your information to contact you about the Company’s own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Company to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile or send the Company an email at [email protected]. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information.
The Company may use the information it has collected from you to allow the Company to display advertisements to its advertisers’ target audiences. Even though the Company does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
4. With whom does the Company share your information?
The Company may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The Company may disclose personal information that it collects or you provide as described in this policy:
- To the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the Company uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. The Company contractually requires these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The Company may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. If you submit a copyright infringement notice under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the Company forwards DMCA infringement notices (including any personal data contained in the notices) to the person or entity who stored, transmitted, or linked to the content addressed by your notice as submitted without any deletions.
- To enforce or apply the Terms-of-Use Agreement and other agreements.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others.
5. What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information?
The Company provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding its collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your account information.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters.
- You may choose whether to receive offers from the Company.
- You may choose whether you receive targeted advertising from the Company or its third-party advertising partners.
6. How do you access and correct your information?
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send the Company an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Company. The Company cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. The Company may not accommodate a request to change information if the Company believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your user contributions from the Website, copies of your user contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. The Terms-of-Use Agreement governs proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including user contributions.
7. How does the Company protect your personal information?
The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share your password with anyone. The Company urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or public forums. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any Website user. You can adjust how much information other users see about you by adjusting your privacy settings in your account settings page.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
8. Where is your personal information kept?
This policy is intended to cover collection of information on or through the Website from residents of the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where the Company’s servers are located and the Company’s central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that the Company seeks to take reasonable steps to make sure that your privacy is protected. By using the Company’s services, you acknowledge that your information may be transferred to the Company’s facilities and those third parties with whom the Company shares it as described in this policy. When you provide personal information to the Company through the Website, you consent to the processing of your data in, and the transfer of your data to, the United States or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers host these services.
9. Do Not Track Policy
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Further, if you are a California resident and would like to opt out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third party for direct marketing purposes, please contact the Company at [email protected]. Please be advised that if you opt out from permitting your personal information to be shared, you may still receive selected offers directly from the Company in accordance with California law.
11. Your Canadian Privacy Rights
The Company complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
The Company will only use your personal information for the purposes intended and as detailed in this policy unless the Company has obtained your consent to use it for other purposes.
Residents of Canada are notified that the personal information they provide to the Company is stored in its databases outside of Canada, including in the United States, and may be subject to disclosure to authorized law enforcement or government agencies in response to lawful demand under the laws of that country.
If you need to contact the Company about your personal information or believe that the Company has violated your privacy rights, please contact the Company at [email protected]. You may visit www.priv.gc.ca for more information about your privacy rights.
12. Links to Other Websites
The Website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other websites. The Company encourages its customers to be aware when they leave the Website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
13. No Third-Party Rights
This policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to Website users.
15. Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this policy and the Company’s privacy practices, contact the Company at [email protected].